Quote of the Day
It is a matter of great privilege for the Punjab Assembly Library as it is considered one of the oldest Parliamentary Library in the country which was established in 1921. Being a specialized Library, it has a treasure of nearly 60,000 books of the following:-
1. A rich collection of Encyclopedias, including Electronic Multi Media Encyclopedias i.e. (CDs).
2. The users of the library travel to different parts of the world through the books which enable them to quench their thirst of knowledge. Therefore, Punjab Assembly has not only the proceedings of Senate, National Assembly of Pakistan, Punjab, Sindh and Balochistan Provincial Assemblies but also has the collection of proceedings of different Assemblies of the world i.e. Proceedings of Indian State Assemblies, Legislative Assembly of India, (Pre-independence period), Indian Lok Sabha, House of Commons, House of Lords and US Congress. So, the available material in the library is an affluent helping source for the legislators to participate actively in the legislative process.
3. Punjab Assembly Library has not only the books but also supports its users through video films of proceedings of various Parliaments of the world so that the legislators who are the main users of the Parliamentary Library including the students/researchers of different universities can be acquainted with the parliamentary traditions of different democracies of the world.
4. This library is a parliamentary library still it has a remarkable collection of books on different topics including History, Politics, Law and Islam etc.
5. As this is an age of IT which has converted the world into a global village, therefore, the library is also providing Internet facility to the Members of the Punjab Assembly so that they can get themselves benefited from e-libraries as well as can consult the bulk informative material available through Internet.